Mailbox Estates are delighted to welcome to the market an opportunity to acquire a traditional Fish & Chip Shop. The business offers a selection of foods ranging from Kebabs, Fish & Chips, sausages and much more.
Established Since 1986 and run by 20 years by the former owner, the store has traded under the same name ever since. The business boasts positive Google reviews and also holds a 5 Star Health and Safety Certificate.
An ideal opportunity for an existing operator to add a takeaway businesses to their existing portfolio, or pursue their first business investment opportunity.
Our clients are reluctantly selling due to other business interests which do not allow their full time presence at the business.
* Located in Great Barr, Birmingham the business occupies a residential road trading position. The area is well populated residentially and commercially with neighbouring businesses.
* Further benefits during the lunch time hours from the College which enrolls thousands of students.
* We have been advised that the current turnover is around £4,000 per week.
The business does not offer a delivery service. There has been a lot of interest expressed by customers on introducting a much needed delivery service.
* This store is run under full management with 2 full time and 1 part time members of staff.
* Upon entering the store you find yourself in the chip shop with servery counter, behind which is a two pan range, and two kebab rotisseries.
Equipped with CCTV System and newly fitted L1 Fire Alarm throughout the building.
* Behind the servery there is a kitchen, a prep and wash up room, store room and staff W.C.
* The business further benefits from on road parking to the front of the store up to 20 spaces.
Fixtures and Fittings
The business is well-fitted throughout and a valuable inventory of equipment is included in the sale price such as:
* Chest freezer
* Chicken Kuroma machine
* Two ( New recently added ) pan range
* Chip box X 2
* 6 pot bain barie
* LCD Menu Boards X 3
* New Roller Shutter
* Foster Double Fridge
* Fish Fridge * Drinks Fridge
* MIlan grill press,
* Bold R1 Chipper with stand
* 2 Archway Kebab machines
All fixtures and fittings are to be included within the sale however, any items that are owned by a third party or personal to our clients will be exempt.
* The site is offered by way of the transfer of the existing lease with 15 years remaining.
* Included in the sale, Seperate access leads to a Two bedroom apartment with kitchen and bathroom. Currently vacant and gutted out, the living accommodation could benefit from some refurbishment works.
* The rent per annum is £14,000.
Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 2pm, 4-9pm
Friday12:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturday11:30am - 9pm
The business is closed on Sunday and has potential to increase sales should the new purchaser choose to open or extend the current hours.
* The business benefits from Small Business Rates Relief.
Purchasers should enquire with relevant local authorities to confirm the rates payable.
* Each party to be responsible for their own legal costs in connection with the sale.
* Full accounts will be made available to seriously interested parties after they have viewed the business.
Reasons to buy
* A well-established business with many existing customers
* Perfect trading position with loads of footfall
* Ideal owner managed or partnership business
* Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
* Low running costs with inexpensive rent
Please note, as this is a confidential sale, the true location of this shop has not been disclosed. Please contact us should you wish to know the exact store location.
Viewing is highly recommended, strictly via agent only