Established for over 100 years and formerly known as Marshalls, the current owner has ensured the successful operation of the business since. It has flourished under the vendors ownership and much money has been invested into the shop making it one of the most attractive and used business by residents and passing trade.
The business has an impressive number of regular customers, many of whom use the business on a daily basis and are known on a first name basis by the current owners who are popular and well respected locally.
* This convenience store is prominently located in a corner position on a busy main road close to an educational college which is the largest provider of qualifications for 14-19-year olds in the Borough of West Midlands and thus benefits from high levels of footfall and passing trade.
* The shop sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses and is beautifully presented and maintained with clear visible signage.
* We have been advised, the current lease has 3 years remaining however a new renewable lease option is also available.
* Monday - Saturday - 7.00am - 8.00pm
* Sunday 8.00am - 7.00pm
* There is free on street parking available outside the business.
Shop floor Plan
* Access to the stockroom through rear of the shop.
* Rear access also leads to kitchen and bathroom.
* Current rent stands at £10,000 per annum
We have been informed by our client that:
* The average sales calculated over a 52 period are £11,000 per week.
* Comission from the cash machine generates £30 per month and lottery commision is £100 a week.
* The business generates an advised current turnover of circa £637,000 per annum.
* The business also has a Lotto terminal with takings of circa £2,000 per week and a weekly news bill of roughly £250.
* The new owner could extend the opening times to increase the current sales.
* The business also benefits from Paypoint terminal.
Fixtures and Fittings
The business is well-fitted throughout and a valuable inventory of equipment is included in the sale price.
* 8 Channel CCTV
* EPOS till
* 4 Meter Chiller
* x 2 Grey shelves and much more!
Reasons to buy
* A well-established business with an enviable reputation and many existing customers
* Beautifully presented and much money has been spent making this a real Turnkey business
* Ideal owner managed or family business
* Ideal trading position on a busy main road and free parking nearby
* Minimal running costs with inexpensive rent and no business rates
* Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
Reason for sale
This great business is now being sold, albeit reluctantly and with a heavy heart only due to the owners wish to pursue a change in direction. He is keen to see his well-loved business pass to an ambitious and entrepreneurial new owner who can take this already thriving business to the next level.
Mailbox Estates highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.