We are very excited to present this excellent opportunity to purchase the freehold of a very busy convenience shop. It is situated in a large residential area on main road with busy passing and supporting trade in Wolverhampton. Do not miss out on this great opportunity!
The business is long standing and trades as a post office with retail sales. The post office provides a valuable guaranteed income. The business is currently ran by a husband and wife team with members of staff.
The property provides a substantial two storey property that is arranged to provide a ground floor shop unit that is trading as a post office, retail shop and provides retail sales and a post office counter.
This freehold property also includes a land to the rear and can possibly incorporate a three bedroom bungalow subject to planning permission.
Fixtures and fittings included:
* The business is well-fitted throughout and a valuable inventory of equipment is included in the sale price.
* The business operates on a great profit margin of 20% - 25% and generates between £5,000 - £5,500 per week on average with further growth potential.
Lottery and news paper bill takings are not included in the counter sales.
* The business generates a futher £100 - £200 per month commission from the photo booth.
* The lottery sales also generate an average of £2,900 per week.
* The news paper sales generate an average of £1,500 per week.
* Monday to Friday 7:00am to 6:00pm
* Saturday 7:00am to 5:00pm
* Sunday 7:00am to 12:30pm.
Please note the original business operating hours of Mon - Sat 6:30am to 7:00pm have been reduced to the above, as the vendor has ongoing health issues. Moreover, the hours can be extended to as late as 10:30pm.
* The business is managed by the family but run by 1 full time and 2 part time staff members.
There is a two bedroomed residential accommodation currently let out to tenants whom of which are working professionals. We have been advised the rental income per calender month is £500.00.
An internal inspection of the property needs to be undertaken to fully appreciate the size and potential of the property.
* There are car park spaces available to the front of the property with on road parking for customers.
Business Rates: £0
* Purchasers should enquire with relevant local authorities to confirm the rates payable.
Reason for sale
* This a retirement sale of a very attractive business in a prime residential area with a consistent trading history of 15 years plus.
Reasons to buy
* A well-established business with over 15 years trading and many existing customers
* Opportunity to acquire a freehold property in an increasingly demanding market
* Ideal owner managed or partnership business
* Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success.
* Further growth potential
* £395,000 freehold plus stock at valuation.
Please note, as this is a confidential sale, the true location of this shop has not been disclosed.
Please contact us should you wish to know the exact store location.