Mailbox Estates present this unique opportunity to purchase a busy convenience store.Trading on a main road in the beautiful city of Crewe.
The store sells a full range of products as would be expected for a convenience store, including alcohol, tobacco, Vapes, confectionery, and general items of convenience.
* No immediate competition
* The business works on around 30% gross profit margin.
* Ideal owner managed or family business
* Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
Reason for sale
* Our client is selling this business in order to focus on other business interests that are geographically closer to home.
* The store is well presented and maintained, with clear visible signage.
The shop sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses including a care home, a small newsagents, Pizza Takeaway and hair salon.
* A superb residential development is underway by ANWYL for more than two hundred brand new houses. With its range of well-appointed three and four-bedroom houses for sale in Crewe, the development is ideal for first-time buyers.
The store will benefit massively from the new trade.
* Crewe is renowned for its superb transport links, offering frequent direct rail services to London in just over an hour and a half, Manchester in around 35 minutes and Liverpool in around 40 minutes, with many more destinations also available. The town will be a major hub for the new HS2 network, cutting journey times to London down to just 55 minutes and making new high-speed connections across the country.
* We have been advised by our client that the turnover is around £20,000 per week on average.
This does not include lottery sales or other services.
* Lottery sales are around £1,000 per week
* Tobacco sales contribute to around £3,500 - £4,000 per week.
The site is offered by assignment of the existing lease until December 2026 and an option to renew at the end of the term.
* Monday - Wednesday - 8:00am to 8:45pm
* Thursday - Sunday 8:00am to 10:00pm
* The business is staff run and managed by 7 Part time staff.
* There is on street customer parking available to the front of the store.
Shop floor Plan
* Ground floor - Shop sales area of approximately 1,400 sq.Ft.
* Access to accommodation with own seperate access and through the internal of the store.
Rear Shop Area
* Kitchen area
* Stock room
* We have been advised that the rent per annum is £10,000 per annum.
Included in the sale, a 1 bed ground floor flat with a living room and spacious kitchen and bathroom. Currently vacant and with some light refurbishment, the property could be rented and achieve £600 - £700 per month.
This can be offset from the rent payable leaving around only £3,000 to pay for the year!
* Purchasers should enquire with relevant local authorities to confirm the rates payable.
* Each party to be responsible for their own legal costs in connection with the sale.
Fixtures and Fittings
The business is well-fitted throughout and a valuable inventory of equipment is included in the sale price.
* Premises licence
* Trading information will be made available to genuinely interested parties who have signed a Non Disclosure Agreement and viewed the premises.
* Mailbox Estates highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
* Discreet customer visits are encouraged but ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD ANY DIRECT APPROACH BE MADE TO THE VENDOR OR ANY OF IT'S STAFF
* Successful bidders will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit to the marketing agent, Mailbox Estates. The deposit will be set off against the agreed purchase price on completion of a sale. In the unlikely event that the vendor withdraws from a sale, deposits will be repaid in full.
However, in the event that a purchaser reneges on the agreed terms and conditions of a sale and purchase, the deposit/s will be forfeited
Mailbox Estates highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.