Mailbox Estates present this rare opportunity to acquire a busy convenience store and Post Office.
With the doors being open to this extraordinary convenience store for 35 years the owners have reluctantly decided to give a new entrepreneur the opportunity to create their own success, It has became highly relied on shop with in the community, with the store being surrounded by houses and two schools it has created a huge amount of footfall and repeat trade, Trading on a main road in a residential area of Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire.
Highly visible and providing a wide range of services and products, the High turnover Convenience Store with post office Generates on average £13,000 per week and that's not including the post office income of £45,000 per annum with the opportunity to extend days and hours!
* Well-presented branded store & P.O.
* Weekly T/O in excess of £13,000 excluding services
* Average gross margin 21%
* Run by the same owner for over 35 years!
* Trading under a symbol group, free of tie
* Current owner happy to offer a handover to ensure the continued success
* Sales area of 2,000 Sq. ft.
* Two bedroom accommodation Available, separately
* Monday - Friday - 7:00am to 8:00pm
* Saturday - Sunday 8:00am to 8:00pm
* 9am-3pm Monday to Friday
* 9am-12:00pm Saturday (closed Sunday)
* The store is well presented and maintained, with clear visible signage.
* The shop sits alongside other complimentary retail businesses including a small Off Licence, Long standing Takeaway and a very popular betting shop.
* We have been advised by our client that the turnover is around £13,000 per week on average.
* Lottery sales are separate around £1,000 per week
* Post office salary per annum is £45,000. Currently, the post office hours have been reduced to three days a week.
* A new renewable lease is offered with further terms to be negotiated.
* The store is family run with the help of four shop staff (2 x 21 hours, 2 x 14 hours) and one Post Office staff member.
* There is on street customer parking to the front of the store and several off road parking bays.
SHOP FLOOR PLAN
* Ground floor - Shop sales area of approximately 2,000 sq.Ft.
* Three position Post Office fortress
* Two position counter
* Several stock rooms
* Staff WC
* We have been advised that the rent for the store is £22,000 per annum.
* There is no accommodation available.
* Purchasers should enquire with relevant local authorities to confirm the rates payable.
* Each party to be responsible for their own legal costs in connection with the sale.
Fixtures and Fittings
*The business is well-fitted throughout and a valuable inventory of equipment is included in the sale price.
* Premises licence
* Trading information will be made available to genuinely interested parties who have signed a Non Disclosure Agreement and viewed the premises.
* Mailbox Estates highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
* Discreet customer visits are encouraged but ON NO ACCOUNT SHOULD ANY DIRECT APPROACH BE MADE TO THE VENDOR OR ANY OF IT'S STAFF
*Successful bidders will be required to pay a non-refundable deposit to the marketing agent, Mailbox Estates. The deposit will be set off against the agreed purchase price on completion of a sale. In the unlikely event that the vendor withdraws from a sale, deposits will be repaid in full.
However, in the event that a purchaser reneges on the agreed terms and conditions of a sale and purchase, the deposit/s will be forfeited
Mailbox Estates highly advise early viewing to avoid disappointment.
Tenure: Leasehold (20 years)